EAGE has a growing global presence in geoscience and engineering and would like its awards to reflect the breadth and scope of the Association. We therefore encourage members from all over the world to nominate candidates. By submitting a nomination, you can help to recognise and promote technical and professional achievement from within the membership and throughout the world. We look forward to hearing from you!
The nominations for the 2017 EAGE Awards are now open: the closing date is 31 October 2016.
submit your nomination here
- Read the nominations guidelines including some examples for preparing a nomination package in support of a candidate (or nominee) for an EAGE named award.
If you have a colleague whom you would like to nominate for the Erasmus, Honorary Membership, Schlumberger, Wegener or Van Weelden Award, these are the steps to follow:
- Submit your nomination via the short nomination form on our website. It's an easy and quick tool to nominate someone!
- When your quick nomination is received by EAGE, you will be asked to provide the following additional information to complete the nomination package:
- The nominee's CV and list of publications (if appropriate);
- A nominating letter that summarises the individual’s achievements and details why (s)he deserves the EAGE Award you have identified. It is particularly important to describe how the candidate’s work has made a significant difference to society, to the Association, or to science;
- At least one letter of support from technically qualified people who know the nominee and his/her work. Altough the minimum is one support letter, it is encouraged to include more support letters in the nomination package.
- The deadline to submit nominations for the award cycle of 2017 is 31 October 2016. However, it is encouraged to start composing your nomination package well in advance since this will allow you enough time to submit a truely strong nomination.
- Most Awards are limited to one candidate. Honorary Membership and, in exceptional circumstances, the Schlumberger Award may be offered to a maximum of two candidates.
- The award selection process is carried out by the EAGE Awards Committee on a confidential basis, with final approval of all recommendations by the EAGE Board. Obviously it is crucial that your candidate should not be aware that he or she has been nominated.
- Only EAGE members are eligible for Honorary Membership, Schlumberger, Wegener or Van Weelden Awards.