PACE Travel Grant
PACE Travel Grants
The PACE programme supports individual geoscientists to participate actively in our events. This support is available for accepted speakers. The PACE support application form for a specific event is accessible through the event’s website. On this page you can find (below) which upcoming events are selected for PACE support.
PACE travel grants are managed by the PACE Committee of EAGE.
In order to qualify for PACE financial support, please take the following criteria into consideration:
- Only presenters of accepted oral and/or poster presentations who cannot obtain financial support given by their university/institute or other resources will be eligible to receive a grant
- Speakers / presenters need to submit their own paper before applying
- Only EAGE members will be eligible to receive a grant
- A person will only be considered for a financial support once every two years
- For regional events: only applicants resident in the respective regions will be eligible to receive a grant.
The PACE Committee has a limited budget for travel grants per year. The PACE Committee wants to give fair chances to requesting geoscientists to be awarded a travel grant.
The PACE grants are not a full reimbursement of costs but a considerable contribution towards the costs. The height amount of the grants are determined and set by country of residence.
When the number of eligible requests per event exceed the budget, the following preference rules will be applied:
Preference will be first given to:
- delegates that have not received PACE or STUDENT FUND grants before
- a quorum will be given per country based on the EAGE membership in that country (with a minimum of one delegate) relative to the total number of applications for an event, whereby applications within the quorum will be accepted in order of date of application.
Note that the supported events will be published ahead on the PACE support page on the EAGE website including the opening and closing deadlines for applications. Applications received outside the deadlines will not be considered. Seen the number of applications, the decision of the PACE Committee is final and cannot be corresponded about. Awarded grants cannot be transferred to other people or events, when not collected/used the right to the grant is forfeited.
Recent Events (applications closed)
|Event||Number of Grants (Persons)|
| EAGE - GSM 2nd Asia Pacific Meeting on Near Surface Geoscience & Engineering
(Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 2019)
| Engineering and Mining Geophysics 2019
(Gelendzhik, Russia, April 2019)
| 81st EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2019
(London, United Kingdom, June 2019)
| First EAGE Workshop on Assesment of Landslide and Debris Flows Hazards in the Carpathians
(Lviv, Ukraine, June 2019)
| Near Surface Geoscience Conference and Exhibition 2019
(The Hague, Netherlands, September 2019)
| Third Borehole Geology Workshop 2019
(Muscat, Oman, October 2019)
| Monitoring 2019
(Kiev, Ukraine, November 2019)
| First EAGE Workshop on Pre-Salt Reservoir 2019
(Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, December 2019)
|Event||PACE application open||PACE application deadline|
Saint Petersburg 2020
|21 October 2019||30 November 2019|
|82nd EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2020
(Amsterdam, The Netherlands , June 2020)
|December 2019||To be confirmed|
| Near Surface Geoscience Conference & Exhibition 2020
(Belgrade, Serbia , August 2020)
|To be confirmed||To be confirmed|