The EAGE Technical Community on Geohazards is the network of members interested in promoting the development and application of a multidisciplinary approach to the natural hazards assessment, fostering innovation and technical progress, as well as the communication, fellowship and cooperation between those working in, studying or otherwise being interested in these field.
- Community events and collaborations
- Contributions to EAGE and EAGE events
- News and vacancies
The community is coordinated by a Committee that serves for a period of two years. The current Committee is serving the 2022 – 2024 term.
|Name||Company / Institution||Country|
|Prof. Olena Ivanik||Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv||Ukraine|
|Dr. Jean-Jacques Biteau||Retired from Total||France|
|Prof. Volodymyr Emeliyanov||Centre of Marine Geology, National Academy of Sciences||Ukraine|
|Prof. Wei Wu||University of Natural Resources & Life Sciences||Austria|
|Dr Oleksandr Menshov||Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv||Ukraine|
|Dmitry Bozhezha||National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine||Ukraine|
|Diego Rovetta||Aramco Overseas Company BV||Netherlands|
Geohazards apply to a wide range of applications: from natural hazards assessment to the study of the geological factors that can lead to environmental disasters. EAGE is proud to accompany the developments in this field by providing a platform to discuss challenges and solutions. Join the conversation at one of the following meetings:
- Near Surface Geoscience Conference & Exhibition, 18-22 September 2022. Belgrade, Serbia.
- 3rd Global Energy Transition Conference & Exhibition GET2022, 7-9 November 2022. The Hague, The Netherlands.
- 16th International Scientific Conference “Monitoring of Geological Processes and Ecological Condition of the Environment”, 15-18 November. Kyiv, Ukraine and online.
- Fourth EAGE Workshop on assessment of landslide hazards, June 2023. Lviv, Ukraine.
- or browse for more in the EAGE calendar of events!
There is more! Through EAGE’s Learning Geoscience portfolio you can find training courses for your continuous professional development or approach Geohazards themes in a multidisciplinary perspective.
- New courses are added periodically, keep checking the Short Courses Catalogue and our Learning Geoscience platform for updates!