EAGE has three Circles within the association, the Oil and Gas Geoscience Circle (OGGC), the Near Surface Geoscience Circle (NSGC) and the Sustainable Energy Circle. Circles are parts of the Association with the purpose of supporting and promoting the professional interests of the main work fields of Members of the Association. Members may register for one or more Circles.
Each Circle is led by a committee overseeing the further development of the Circle, its activities and cooperation with the other two Circles. All three Circles are represented in the EAGE Board. The current chairpersons are:
Yohaney Gómez Galarza
Chair Oil and Gas
Chair Near Surface
Chair Sustainable Energy Circle
The purpose of the Oil and Gas Geoscience Circle (OGGC) is to represent and promote the interests of its members and to ensure that each of the Oil and Gas geoscience disciplines of geophysics, geology and reservoir engineering is adequately represented within the EAGE and its functional committees. The above is achieved by:
- Developing communication with members to better define their needs and identify new ideas and developments
- Submitting recommendations to the Board for approval to be implemented by specific committees and for appointing Editors-in-Chief of Petroleum Geoscience and Geophysical Prospecting Journals.
- Hold Technical Circle meetings at least at the Annual EAGE conference and in September and February of each year
- Assist with the staffing of the permanent committees
- Nominate for Board approval a Technical Programme Assistant for each of the geophysics, geology and engineering and multi-disciplinary studies
- Assist the Technical Programme Assistant with suggestions for workshops, special sessions, chairpersons and referees for the Annual EAGE, NSG and other conferences
- Receive reports from the Technical Programme Assistant and editors at Technical Circle Meetings
- Receive via the division chairman notices, agendas and minutes of permanent committee meetings and provide additional input as appropriate.
The current members of the circle committee are:
- Yohaney Gomez Galarza (Chair)
- Johannes Wendebourg (Vice-Chair)
- Lucy Slater (Immediate Past Chair)
- Erica Angerer (Committee Member)
- Wiebke Athmer (Committee Member)
- Tijmen Jan Moser (Editor-in-chief Geophysical Prospecting)
- Adeline Parent (WGE & DET SIC liaison)
- Matteo Ravasi (YP SIC liaison)
- Jonathan Redfern (Editor-in-chief Petroleum Geoscience)
- Aart-Jan van Wijngaarden (Technical Programme Officer)
Are you interested in being part of the Oil and Gas Geoscience Circle? Update your Affiliations now!