PACE (Programme for Association and Cooperation in Earth Sciences) supports individual geoscientists to participate in our events. This support is available to individuals who are accepted speakers at selected EAGE events. The PACE support application form for a specific event is accessible through the event website. On this page you can find (below) which upcoming events are selected for PACE support. PACE travel grants are managed by the PACE Committee of EAGE.
Please note that if granted, the PACE support will be limited to registration fee waivers only.
The PACE Programme also supports initiatives by communities and Associated Societies worldwide for the organization of local events that are relevant to the mission of the Association.
In order to qualify for PACE financial support, please take the following criteria into consideration:
- Only presenters of accepted oral and/or poster presentations who cannot obtain financial support given by their university/institute or other resources will be eligible to receive a grant.
- Speakers / presenters need to submit their own paper through their own account before applying for a grant.
- Only EAGE members will be eligible to receive a grant. You can apply or renew your membership here.
- A person will only be considered for a financial support once every two years.
The PACE Committee has a limited budget for travel grants per year. The PACE Committee wants to give fair chances to requesting geoscientists to be awarded a grant.
When the number of eligible requests per event exceed the budget, the following preference rules will be applied:
Preference will be first given to:
- delegates that have not received PACE or EAGE STUDENT FUND grants before
- a quorum will be given per country based on the EAGE membership in that country (with a minimum of one delegate) relative to the total number of applications for an event, whereby applications within the quorum will be accepted in order of date of application.
Note that supported events will be published ahead on the PACE support page on the EAGE website including the opening and closing deadlines for applications. Applications received outside the deadlines will not be considered. Seen the number of applications, the decision of the PACE Committee is final and cannot be corresponded about. Awarded grants cannot be transferred to other people or events, when not collected/used the right to the grant is forfeited.
|Event||PACE application open||PACE application deadline||Application status|
|Third EAGE Digitalization Conference and Exhibition|
|1 December 2022||12 February 2023||Open|
|5th Asia Pacific Meeting on Near Surface Geoscience and Engineering (NSGE)|
|23 December 2022||20 January 2023||Closed|
|84th EAGE Annual Conference & Exhibition|
|1 December 2022||31 January 2023||Open|
|Near Surface Geoscience Conference 2023|
|27 January 2023||9 May 2023||Open|
|Second EAGE Workshop on Geothermal in Latin America|
|23 December 2022||8 September 2023||Open|
|Fourth Conference on Energy Transition GET 2023|
|27 January 2023||8 August 2023||Open|