PACE (Programme for Association and Cooperation in Earth Sciences) supports individual geoscientists to participate in our events. This support is available to individuals who are accepted speakers at selected EAGE events. The PACE support application form for a specific event is accessible through the event website. On this page you can find (below) which upcoming events are selected for PACE support. PACE travel grants are managed by the PACE Committee of EAGE.
The PACE Programme also supports initiatives by communities and Associated Societies worldwide for the organization of local events that are relevant to the mission of the Association.
In view of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and current restrictions related to (international) travel and governmental policies, we would like to inform grant applicants that, if granted, the PACE Support will be limited to registration fee waivers only.
In order to qualify for PACE financial support, please take the following criteria into consideration:
- Only presenters of accepted oral and/or poster presentations who cannot obtain financial support given by their university/institute or other resources will be eligible to receive a grant.
- Speakers / presenters need to submit their own paper through their own account before applying for a grant.
- Only EAGE members will be eligible to receive a grant. You can apply or renew your membership here.
- A person will only be considered for a financial support once every two years.
The PACE Committee has a limited budget for travel grants per year. The PACE Committee wants to give fair chances to requesting geoscientists to be awarded a grant.
When the number of eligible requests per event exceed the budget, the following preference rules will be applied:
Preference will be first given to:
- delegates that have not received PACE or EAGE STUDENT FUND grants before
- a quorum will be given per country based on the EAGE membership in that country (with a minimum of one delegate) relative to the total number of applications for an event, whereby applications within the quorum will be accepted in order of date of application.
Note that supported events will be published ahead on the PACE support page on the EAGE website including the opening and closing deadlines for applications. Applications received outside the deadlines will not be considered. Seen the number of applications, the decision of the PACE Committee is final and cannot be corresponded about. Awarded grants cannot be transferred to other people or events, when not collected/used the right to the grant is forfeited.
|Event||PACE application open||PACE application deadline||Application status|
|EAGE Geotech 2022|
|20 December 2021||6 March 2022||Closed|
| 83rd EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2022|
|22 December 2021||28 February 2022||Closed|
|Near Surface Geoscience Conference and Exhibition 2022|
|10 February 2022||10 May 2022||Closed|
|Second EAGE Digitalization Conference and Exhibition|
|10 June 2021||30 November 2021||Closed|
| First EAGE Guyana-Suriname Basin Conference|
|4 April 2022||2 September 2022||Closed|
|Second EAGE Conference on Renewable Energy in the Middle East and Africa 2022|
|18 May 2022||31 July 2022||Closed|
|6th EAGE Eastern Africa Forum|
|10 May 2022||15 August 2022||Closed|
|First EAGE Western Africa Exploration & Production Workshop|
|15 June 2022||15 August 2022||Closed|
|5th Asia Pacific Meeting on Near Surface Geoscience & Engineering|
|23 June 2022||22 July 2022||Closed|
|Third Geoscience & Engineering in Energy Transition Conference (GET 2022)|
|4 April 2022||15 September 2022||Closed|