The EAGE E-Summits is a series of online events targeted to connect geoscience & engineering students from around the globe through an interactive forum. For each delivery, it brings together a new group of panelists to discuss a new topic.
All students are encouraged to actively participate in the E-Summits. Curious to see what has been done so far? You can find an overview of our past and future deliveries below.
26 May, Student Chapter Cooperation
Many EAGE Student Chapters are experienced at organizing activities at their own university, but the opportunities for chapters go beyond your own institution. During our May e-Summit, we will bring together representatives from student chapters to discuss inter-chapter cooperation and how to go about this.
Innes Hamilton – AECOM, United Kingdom
Guro Skurdal – EMerald Geomodelling, Norway
Joost Gevaert – Arup, Spain
3 March 2021, Working together, apart: how to work in online teams effectively
- Johana Nevito – IFP School.
- Irvin Heriberto Carmona Díaz, the Mexican Institute of Petroleum
- Erick Emanuel Luna Rojero the Mexican Institute of Petroleum.
- Mahdi Bakhtbidar – University of Barcelona.
- Patricia Cabello López, University of Barcelona.
10 December 2020, How has Covid-19 affected your academic work and career outlooks? Will it have a lasting effect on the way we learn and network? with:
- Alexander Jüstel, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Myrna Staring, Fugro, The Netherlands
- Valérie Krampe, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Rumbidzai Nhunduru, Heriot-Watt University, UK
5 October 2020, Do you GE(E)T it? Geoscience, Engineering, and the Energy Transition, pt. 2, with:
- Marco Anuña – Grupo ICE, Costa Rica;
- Oscar Llamosa – AGEOCOL, Colombia;
- Eduardo Lopez – Ecopetrol, Colombia;
- Stephanie Tavares – Federal University Fluminense (UFF), Brazil
11 September 2020, Going for Gold: mineral exploration and career development, with:
- Michael Westgate – University of Witwatersrand, South Africa;
- Florencia Balestrini – the Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Tatiana Pertuz – Uppsala University, Sweden
10 August, Bridging the Gap 2.0, with:
- Alexander Juestel, RWTH Aachen, Germany;
- Shahdad Ghassemzadeh, University of Adelaide, Australia;
- Sathes Kumar, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
6 July, Do you GE(E)T it? Geoscience, Engineering, and the Energy Transition, pt. 1, with:
- Maximilian Haas – CERN / Montanuniversität Leoben, Switzerland / Austria;
- Santika Satya Widita – Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia;
- Carla Martin Clave – University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 June, Ready, Set, GO! Best (and worst) practices kickstarting your career, with:
- Larry Sandoval – Total, France
- Sebastian Uhleman – Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, USA
- Axel Tcheheumeni Djanni – EMGS, Norway
30 April, How to Connect in Time of Self-Isolation? with:
- Alexander Jüstel – RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Ibrahim Maarof – National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Nawal de Freslon – Beicip-Franlab & President of Local Chapter Paris, France
- Nombusa Maduna – University of the Witwatersrand, South AfrMar