Following up on proposals we received from EAGE members about how they can support their Ukrainian colleagues, the EAGE Student Fund established a new programme to help support the travel and accommodation costs of their Ukrainian colleagues’ attending the 84th EAGE Annual Conference & Exhibition and other EAGE events in 2023.
EAGE members who wish to contribute to this initiative can donate here.
Ukrainian colleagues wishing to take advantage of this programme are asked to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org under the heading of “Ukraine Professional Development Fund”. Please indicate the event and the amount of support you wish to apply for.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- In addition to a registration fee waiver, the support offered consists of a contribution towards the total expenses for attending an EAGE event (e.g. travel, local accommodation) to be arranged in coordination with the EAGE office
- Applications can be submitted throughout the whole year and are subject to review by the Student Fund Board
- Applicants should be members of the wider Ukrainian geoscience and engineering community
- Applicants who are not students agree to take part in the event as mentors to contribute with their knowledge and expertise to support the next generation of geoscientists and engineers from Ukraine. Upon approval of the support, they will receive instructions for connecting with students in this capacity
- Applicants must hold Ukrainian nationality and residence in January 2022 and show proof thereof (copy of passport)
- No remuneration can be granted for other expenses such as visa, local transportation, subsistence, and registration in additional elements of the programme (e.g. workshops, short courses, field trips) unless otherwise agreed upon
- Applicants should allow sufficient time for the necessary travel documents and arrangements
- EAGE Registration T&Cs apply for participation
- Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis (allocation based on the available budget)