Types of Membership
EAGE offers four types of membership.
- For professionals working in geophysics, petroleum exploration, geology, reservoir engineering, mining, civil engineering and more;
- Includes access to all EAGE basic Member Benefits, including: discounts on EAGE events, the First Break magazine, the latest content from EarthDoc and more;
- Regular Membership Renewal increases a Member’s Membership Recognition Level;
- Annual fee: € 80,–
- For those aged under 35 and attending higher education full-time in the fields of geoscience or engineering;
- Students may also apply for a student membership grant for the first year or as part of a student chapter creation;
- Student Membership Renewal increases a Student Member’s Membership Recognition Level;
- Annual fee: € 25,–;
- Students will be asked to provide proof of enrolment (valid university student card) when applying.
- For members who were previously involved in geoscience and engineering;
- Individuals who wish to apply for this type of membership should have been member of the Association for at least 10 years, older than 60 and retired;
- Annual fee: € 40,–
- Conferred upon those who have made highly significant and distinguished technical and/or non-technical contributions to the geoscience and engineering community at large or to the Association in particular. In addition, former presidents of the Association are awarded honorary membership is recognition of their service.
- Read more in the Awards section
- We offer a special support programme for those facing difficulties raising the regular fees: this includes the possibility to apply for a membership fee discount for all types of membership, as well as waivers and contributions to educational expenses for EAGE members. Terms and conditions apply
- Read more in the Hardship Programme section