EAGE, in collaboration with the International Association of Sedimentologists (IAS) and publisher John Wiley & Sons, invite applications for 3 new Associate Editors for our journal Basin Research, for an initial 2 year term. The Associate Editor posts carry an annual stipend. The application deadline is 15 February 2024.
Basin Research is an international geosciences journal dedicated to publishing ground-breaking research papers on sedimentary basin systems, encouraging manuscripts that go beyond single-discipline topics of sedimentology, structural geology, and geophysics. Its goal is to foster knowledge exchange and collaboration among earth scientists from various disciplines, unlocking the mysteries of sedimentary basin systems to expand our understanding of the Earth’s dynamic processes.
Candidates for the position should:
- Have experience with the peer review process as an author and reviewer
- Have a versatile and broad knowledge of research published in Basin Research, and ability/interest to handle papers in a broad range of topics. The ability to handle papers in the following research areas would be particularly beneficial, though are not essential:
- Subsurface-based research into sedimentary basins, e.g. reflection seismic
- Seismic geomorphology
- Magmatic processes in sedimentary basins
- Sedimentary systems and processes
- Basin structure/tectonics
- Be able to suggest potential special issue topics that would be timely and relevant to the overall scope of Basin Research
Duties of the Associate Editor will include:
- Working with the EiC and Deputy Editor on handling papers through the review process.
- Supervising the processes of peer review, reviewer selection, and communication with authors.
- Ensuring a rapid and efficient handling of all submitted manuscripts.
- Soliciting authoritative, original and high-quality content e.g. review articles and other special articles.
- Complying with generally accepted publication ethics and best practices.
- Joining annual meetings of the editorial team.
- Endeavouring to ensure the best possible diversity, equity and inclusion in the reviewer and author pool.
Please send your application by email to Gemma Cassidy (publisher) by 15 February 2024. Application package:
- A current curriculum vitae
- Some suggestions, e.g. special issue topics/review articles, to enhance the profile of Basin Research